Every Wednesday evening from 5th June to 28th Aug 2019
6 – 8.30pm
Run by Alex Gibson, Industry Expert
DROP IN HANDS-ON 3D CLINIC – 4-5PM (INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED)
A free form session to answer all your 3D printing questions, for those with previous 3D printing experience.
- Get help with issues with CAD modelling for 3D printing
- Learn about ‘slicing’ choices for your 3D print – why does it do this and when
- Discuss orientation and support, and how to choose the best filament
INTRO TO CAD FOR 3D PRINTING – 5-7PM (BEGINNERS)
An introductory course into Fusion360 – a free CAD software.
- In Fusion360 you will have an introduction to understanding the basic tools of CAD modelling
- Learn how to design a 3D object, and the dos and donts of printable parts
- Learn how to export models to be 3D print ready
MEET THE ICAH 3D PRINTERS – 7-8PM (BEGINNERS)
An introduction to all the 3D printers in the Hackspace.
- See up close example designs that can be made with the 3D printers
- Individual strengths and which printers are ideal for various prints
- Learning about the various types of FDM, SLA, and composite based 3D printers and materials (resin, pla, abs, carbon fibre) available at ICAH
- Make your own print!
Please bring your own laptop!
(Enter from Door A, meet in Challenge Room)