Intro to KiCAD Workshop
Introduction to KiCAD (Part 1)
About this workshop
This workshop is designed as an introduction to KiCAD. KiCAD is an opensource suite of software for electronic computer-aided design (ECAD). The free software allows you to design electronic schematic diagrams, and Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
Ever wondered how modern electronics are designed and made?
We think learning KiCAD is a great choice if you are looking to learn how to design your own electronic circuit boards, and enhance your hack skills to start or support a future project or idea!
This 2-part workshop will be run live, with hands-on exercises to put your learnings into practice.
- What is KiCAD and how to get started
- Learn about KiCAD’s key tools and capabilities and how to use them
- Learn how to draw an electronic schematic diagram
- Learn how to effectively layout a PCB in KiCAD
- Master the tips and tricks to design a board like a pro (such as copper pouring)
- Understand how to export your board design files for manufacture
Date: Wednesday 2 June, 2021
Time: 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Location: Online (full details to follow)