Introduction to CAD Workshop (in Person)
3.30 – 5.30pm
LevelUp your CAD skills with Autodesk Fusion 360!
Want to learn about digital design and manufacture?
This workshop is designed as an introduction to Computer Aided Design (CAD) modelling, using the software package Autodesk Fusion 360, a popular and easy to access software package that can be used to bring your ideas to life, in 3D.
Whether you have ideas about smart sensing IOT products, to the food of the future, or improvements to test and measurement equipment, CAD is an essential tool for development.
Learning CAD offers you an almost instant problem-solving perspective, a safe place to understand how your design might work and function without spending any money! It also allows others to collaborate and provide feedback at an early stage, helping you get your project off the ground quicker. And when you are ready for the next step, and your designs are ready to go they can be quickly exported to 3D printers or other methods of manufacturing.
For the team at the Hackspace it’s a no-brainer – an awesome skill to have in your hacking toolkit!
This 2-hour workshop will be run live, with hands-on exercises to put your learning into practice.
• Getting started with CAD – learn by doing
• Understand the basic navigation of the Fusion 360 user interface
• Learn the basics of effective 3D design
• Understand the CAD workflow and the advantages of parametric modelling
• Articulate the difference between a sketch and body
• Learn how to export for 3D printing.
What do I need to prepare ahead of the workshop?
• Ahead of the workshop please download and install Fusion 360 for Education. It is free to all students.
• Sign-up and create an account using your Imperial credentials/email address to ensure you benefit from the free education package.
Date: Monday 1st November
Time: 3.30 – 5.30pm
Location: Advanced Hackspace (full details to follow)
Sign-up: Please use your Imperial email address when registering.
Please note only current students or alumni (within 3 years of graduating) or staff at Imperial are eligible to register and attend this workshop. Please register with your Imperial email .
What level is the workshop best suited to? Beginner. No previous experience is assumed or required.
I have used CAD before, is this workshop still going to be useful to me? Yes, definitely if you need a refresher! We say there is always more to learn, and this workshop will be focusing on CAD using the software Autodesk Fusion 360.
Who can attend this workshop? This is for current students or alumni (within 3 years of graduating) at Imperial. Please register using your Imperial email address.
Any other questions? Drop us an email on [email protected]