Introduction to Soldering (in Person)
3.30 – 5:30pm
LevelUp your skills and learn to solder in 2 hours!
This workshop is designed as an introduction to soldering. You will learn the essentials of soldering and how to build and repair your own electronic circuit boards.
This 2-hour workshop will be run in person with hands on exercises to learn as you go. By the end of the session, you will have created your own take-home electronics kit and you’ll be soldering like a pro!
Soldering is a valuable skill, at the heart of many hardware projects – easy to learn, and an effective way to join metals, particularly in electronics. A hacking toolkit essential in our opinion!
• Learn the essentials to soldering
• Learn how to set up your station and soldering iron
• Learn how to build and repair electronic circuit boards
• Identify the issues that you may encounter with soldering
• Create and build your own electronics kit!
What do I need to do ahead of the workshop?
• A notebook and a pen to take some notes
• You will need to complete the Hackspace Day One Building and Safety Induction on our Teams channel, in order to get access to the space. Please ensure you complete this the week before the event to ensure you are granted card access on time
Date: Monday 29th November
Time: 3.30 – 5.30pm
Location: The Advanced Hackspace (full details to follow)
Sign-up: Please use your Imperial email address when registering.
Please note only current students or staff at Imperial are eligible to register and attend this workshop. Please register with your Imperial email.
What level is the workshop best suited to? Beginner. No previous experience is assumed or required.
I have soldered before, is this workshop still going to be useful to me? If you need a refresher, then yes!
Who can attend this workshop? This is for current students or staff at Imperial. Please register using your Imperial email address.
Any other questions? Drop us an email on [email protected]